Today we celebrate! Happy Anniversary Bay Awesome!
Cheers to a year of writing, sharing and just simply Bay’in Awesome!!! I like writing, but I have discovered over the past few years that I really love blogging and writing about things that make me buzz, raise my eyebrows, and make me feel energized. It’s pretty neat when you discover what you’re passionate about in life. There was a moment when I was writing, that I completely forgot about the outside world, felt in the zone, my soul pouring onto paper… I found my happy! Pay close attention to those seconds in your life, the things that you truly love doing. And then most importantly go DO it again, keep at it. I’ve especially enjoyed resonating with my readers, having them message me and let me know that they are also in a slump, agree that pizza is a necessity of life, live like it is forever Friday and are also sick of people asking them questions about their uterus. (NO… I am not planning to have a bayby any time soon. But thanks for asking!?)
Over the past year, Bay Awesome has really taught me so many things about who I am and who I am not, all of which I am very grateful for. SO it only makes sense that I continue to live it, breathe it, and as most of you know, force Bay Awesome in your pretty little faces. (You love it…come on!). Bay Awesome is all about living your life; not letting it live you. Aspiring to be a star in reality over a reality star. Being committed to creating and living a life you love, and investing in yourself without the slightest bit of apology.
AWESOME ADVICE that I have picked up from a year of attempting to go Bay Awesome:
- When you want to do something, go and do it… G-O!!!!
- Travelling will give you more than you can ever realize- travel often. Pay later.
- Friends come and go- let go. Bye, bye.
- Quality vs quantity.
- You can’t ever be over dressed. Ever.
- When in doubt- smile.
- Time heals everything- and so does bio oil…And retail therapy.
- Take a glance left and right before looking ahead. (Bay thankful for right now)
- You really are what you eat. I soooo miss double cheeseburgers.
- You will screw up, you will be successful and you will feel like a loser and a winner all in the same day. (And that will happen over and over..and over again.)
- Drink water- a lot of water. Sooooo much water.
- Just because it looks good, doesn’t mean it is good . (If it feels wrong, it is wrong.)
- Victoria Secret models are not real life- they are hot robots (don’t compare yourself to others).
- Always always make time for ten second dance parties.
- Feel pain, don’t hold it in. Cry. Yell. Pain is meant to be experienced.
- People make mistakes. The second time isn’t a mistake, the third time- it’s on purpose.
- Create a no matter what club … These people are with you for life, no matter what.
- Always be yourself. Unless you can be Beyonce. Always be Beyonce.
- Find a place you can retreat away to, to get away from work, people, yourself.
- Vodka is not one of the five major food groups. (Alcohol in moderation).
- Don’t feel the need to explain why you aren’t reproducing the Brady Bunch.
- As Miley Cyrus sang- ‘It’s our party, we can do what we want.’ YOU are in control of your life.
- No one knows what the hell they are actually doing.
- The world is not out to get me. I think. Ummm it’s not, right??
- Ugly crying in public is not ok. I repeat- NOT ok.
- It’s impossible to kill a snake plant.
- Don’t wait for Friday. #ForeverFriday
- The biggest mistake you can make is doing nothing because you’re scared to make a mistake. Do the things that scare you the most.
- SLUMPS DO HAPPEN. Get over it.
- Go to the dentist. Go to the doctor. Floss. Eat a salad.
- You got this wheels.
AND most importantly #BayAwesome. Always. Because you are awesome.
Thank you for reading and for all of your support over the past year. I really do think you are awesome. Stay tuned… as spring has arrived, some cleaning is taking place. More to come.
PS I picked 31 because it’s my age. (Age is just a number- relax)
PPS I have double jointed elbows.